IB Fact Sheet
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is an automated global electronic broker that caters to financial professionals by offering state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools at exceptionally low costs. The brokerage trading platform uses the same innovative technology as the Company’s market making business, which executes and processes trades in securities, futures and foreign exchange instruments on more than 100 electronic exchanges and trading venues around the world. As a market maker, we provide liquidity at these marketplaces and, as a broker, we provide professional traders and investors with electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and mutual funds from a single IB Universal AccountSM. Employing proprietary software on a global communications network, Interactive Brokers Group continuously integrates its software with a growing number of exchanges and trading venues into one automatically functioning, computerized platform that requires minimal human intervention.
- Interactive Brokers Group, LLC was founded by its Chairman and CEO, Thomas Peterffy. Over the last 38 years, it has grown internally to become one of the premier securities firms exceeding $5 billion in equity capital.
- Interactive Brokers' headquarters are in Greenwich Connecticut, and it has about 960 employees in its offices in the USA, Switzerland, Canada, Hong Kong, UK, Australia, Japan, Hungary, Russia, India, China and Estonia. IB is regulated by the SEC, FINRA, NYSE, SFA and other regulatory agencies around the world.
- IB is the largest electronic broker based on daily average revenue trades executing 633,000 trades per day*.
- Interactive Brokers Group** has always been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983.
- Standard & Poor's issues investment grade ratings to both IBG LLC and IB LLC.
- Interactive Brokers LLC was awarded the highest star ratings from Barron’s: 4.5 stars for lowest cost and 4.5 stars overall.