Direct deposit lets US residents automatically deposit paychecks, pension and social security payments to your IBKR (non-retirement) account.
Use Direct Deposit to put your cash to work by earning market rate interest on your uninvested cash balances or invest globally in stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds from a single unified platform.
Setting up direct deposit is quick and easy – simply provide IBKR’s routing instructions and your account number to your employer or paying institution.
Helpful Suggestions for Direct Deposit at IBKR:
- Contact your employer, federal agency, or any institution that sends your recurring payments and inform them you wish to enroll in direct deposit or make changes to your current direct deposit arrangement. Some employers or paying institution may allow you to split your direct deposit between multiple accounts. Inquire directly with your employer or paying institution.
- To have your Social Security benefits directly deposited to your brokerage account, visit the Social Security website to set up direct deposit online at www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm or call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213.
- The IRS allows direct deposit, permitting you to divide your refund among up to three accounts.
- To have your tax refund deposited into one account, fill out the two lines in the refund section of the IRS Form 1040 or Form 1040A.
- To have your tax refund deposited to multiple accounts, you will need to complete the IRS "Allocation of Refund Form 8888". Be sure to indicate on the IRS Form 1040 or Form 1040A that you have attached Form 8888.