Notes on Order Types:
- Execution speeds may be slow as the market is dealer driven.
- Only market data for symbols with three available quotes will be posted as per SEC rules.
Please note that Interactive Brokers does not offer customers the ability to do the following types of activity in U.S. Micro-Cap Stocks.
- IBKR will not allow customers U.S. Micro-Cap shares transferred to IBKR where the only proof that the shares can be sold is an opinion letter confirming the shares are within an exemption from Rule 144 (i.e. "exempt transfers). We will allow transfers of U.S. Micro-Cap stocks that the customer can prove were purchased on the open market (i.e., on a public exchange through another broker) or that are registered with the SEC pursuant to an S-1 or similar registration statement.
- Customers may not trade stocks categorized as Grey Market or Caveat Emptor.
- Execution-only customers (other than U.S. registered brokers) may not trade any U.S. Micro-Cap Stocks.
A U.S. Micro-Cap stock is any stock (1) listed on OTCBB or PINK or (2) listed on any NASDAQ and NYSE MKT-listed stocks with a market cap of 300MM and trading price under 5. However, Interactive will not classify some of these stocks, including stocks that previously had a higher market cap, to be Micro-Cap Stocks