Securities Financing Services
From trade date to settlement date, our securities financing services are backed
by our dedication to providing automated trading solutions to our customers.
Our depth of availability, transparent rates, global reach, dedicated service representatives and automated lending and borrowing tools give you the advantages you expect from Interactive Brokers. Behind it all is our world-class technology, which provides superior executions and transparent,
low commissions and financing rates to help you maximize your results.
On trade date, it’s all about availability. Our depth of availability not only helps to locate hard-to-borrow securities but also gives you protection against buy-ins and recalls.
IB gives customers two ways to view available shares for shorting in real time:
- Customers can view the number of shares that are available to short, as well as the current interest rate charged on borrowed shares and the current Fed Funds rate in Trader Workstation by adding the Shortable Shares, Fee Rate and Rebate Rate columns.
- Customers can search for real-time availability of shortable stocks themselves using our fully electronic, self-service Short Stock Availability Tool. They can also choose to be notified when a borrow becomes available in shares that they were unable to short in the last week.
Our securities financing services bring transparency, reliability and efficiency to the stock loan and borrow markets using automated price discovery and improved credit-worthiness. Our stock loan and borrow rates are very competitive. We use the best market data available to measure ourselves. We use a combination of sources to develop indicative rates, which are displayed along with security availability in our automated securities financing tools.
At Interactive Brokers, global reach starts with our breadth of product offering and extends to our securities financing services. Connectivity to multiple counterparties around the globe enables our customers to execute short sale strategies. In the United States alone we have access to more than 60 counterparties, including agent lenders and broker dealers.
Our global reach doesn’t stop there. We maintain dedicated, professionally-staffed SLB desks in the United States, Europe and Asia who are ready to help you with all of your securities financing needs, including stock loan and borrow questions.
IB has always provided sophisticated, automated technology to our customers, and our securities lending services are no exception. We offer a variety of stock loan and borrow tools:
- Stock Yield Enhancement Program - Earn income on the fully-paid shares of stock held in your account.
- Short Stock Availability – Search for real-time availability of shortable stocks with our fully electronic, self-service utility tool.
- Yield Optimizer - Compare borrow rates on hard-to-borrow stocks before you sell short using this advanced TWS trading tool.
- Pre-Borrow Program – Pre-borrow shares to decrease the chances of being bought-in on settlement date.
- FYI Notifications –Sign up to be notified when a borrow becomes available in shares that you were unable to short in the last week.
- AQS® Marketplace - Use the self-directed Stock Borrow Loan feature in TWS to borrow and lend US stocks electronically via the AQS®, the first automated, centrally-cleared electronic marketplace for Stock Borrow and Loan transactions.
Any trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray a recommendation.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE, FINRA, SIPC