The FXTrader provides an optimized trading interface with IB-designed tools to trade the forex markets.
The price display emphasizes the critical portion of the bid/ask, and conveys price movement at a glance by showing an increasing price in green and decreasing price in orange. Each currency pair occupies its own “cell,” complete with market data and order information, where you can create, transmit and cancel orders with a single click. Overall order, trade and portfolio information is displayed along the top of the currency pairs grid.
- Interbank-quality spreads allow you to trade the best bid and ask from multiple liquidity providers with spreads as low as ½ pip.
- Invert the fx quote to compare and trade cash forex side-by-side with Globex FX futures.
- Review order details and margin implications before you transmit, or activate instantaneous transmission to transmit your orders with one click on the bid or ask.
- Not just for forex - show data and manage orders on any instrument using the FXTrader trading cells.
- FXTrader supports over 15 order types including trailing stop limits, brackets, limit if touched, OCA (one cancels all) IOC (immediate or cancel) and scale.
- The Order Book icon appears when the small-order book has a better price available for the currency pair.
- Customize the trading cell display to show position, average cost and P&L data.
- Customize the layout to display a single cell up to a 4 x 4 grid layout, change the color scheme and customize general settings.
Any symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and do not portray a recommendation.
There is a substantial risk of loss in foreign exchange trading. The settlement date of foreign exchange trades can vary due to time zone differences and bank holidays. When trading across foreign exchange markets, this may necessitate borrowing funds to settle foreign exchange trades. The interest charges on borrowed funds must be considered when computing the cost of trades across multiple markets.