Customers wishing to transfer positions to an IB account must fill out the Interactive Brokers Transfer of Assets in Europe form and provide the following additional information:
- customer contact information (phone number and e-mail address)
- delivering broker contact information (contact person, phone number and e-mail address)
- approximate value of the securities to be transferred
- desired settlement date of the transaction(s)
The request is to be made either
- by attaching the form to a Ticket via the Message Center in Account Management.
- or by fax at +41-41-726-9599.
Upon receipt of the Transfer of Assets form, IB will verify the request to insure that we are able to support the transfer.
Once done, we will send a confirmation to the customer. And if we are able to support the transfer, we will thereafter contact the customerâ€™s clearing broker to organize it.
Please note the following points:
- All transfers to an IB account from another clearing broker must be delivered free of payment, FOP.
- Interactive Brokers only accepts products that are available for trading on the IB system. Certain products cannot be held in your IB account including: money market deposits, many bonds and similar fixed income instruments, many mutual funds, limited partnership units and certain classes of stock. IB holds all positions in the firm accounts in non-registered form. We do not support individual registration of positions. Positions transferred in registered form will be returned to the initiating Bank/Broker.
- For initial account funding, your transfer must meet our Minimum Initial Deposit requirements or the transfer will be rejected.
- You will not be able to withdraw any funds or transfer any assets to another broker for ten business days after an account transfer is received.