Open topic with navigation
Paper Trading Account Limitations
Although a Paper Trading Account simulates most aspects of a production account, you may encounter some differences due to its construction as a simulator with no execution or clearing abilities. These differences include but are not limited to:
- No support for some order types including: VWAP, Auction, RFQ, and Pegged to Market.
- Fills are simulated from the top of the book; no deep book access.
- Limited combo and EFP trading.
- Stops and other complex order types are always simulated in paper trading; this may result in slightly different behavior from a production account.
- Penny trading for US Options is not supported. You will be able to submit the order but it will not receive a penny fill.
- The trade simulator will reject the remainder of any exchange-directed market order that partially executes. This may or may not match behavior of a real-world exchange. Market orders received while there is no quote on the opposite side will be held until the market data arrives (i.e. until the first partial fill).
- Mutual Fund trading is not supported in a Paper Trader Account.