- Untar the external client package
tar -xf external.webapi.client.tar.gz cd external.webapi.client/
- In the etc/consumer directory, run the following commands to compile and build the classpath
- mvn package
- mvn dependency:build-classpath -Dmdep.outputFile=cp.txt
- In the etc/consumer directory, overwrite the *.pem files with the ones you produced as part of the onboarding instructions
Put the consumer key you obtained during registration with Interactive Brokers in the consumer_key entry of etc/consumer/consumer.json. This is typically a nine-character all-uppercase string, but may be shorter (e.g. TESTER).
Put the realm you were issued (usually limited_poa) in the realm_name entry.
- Run the following command (assumes bash) to make a request described in etc/requests/marketdata.json
java \ -cp $(cat cp.txt):target/webtradingapi.client-1.0.jar \ com.interactivebrokers.webtradingapi.client.ConsumerStart \ --resource etc/requests/marketdata.json \ --consumer etc/consumer/consumer.jsonIf you would like to use a paper trading username, please additionally specify --login-mode paper