Open topic with navigation
Use the Trading Window configuration section to customize the buttons panel that you can display on pages, to modify the layout of existing pages, or apply a new layout to a page.
To define display configuration settings
- On the Edit menu select Global Configuration.
- Click Trading Tools in the left pane and then select Trading Window.
- Under the Trading Window heading you can use the right panel to set the following parameters:
Configure Buttons Panel
Create and customize buttons to perform common trading actions. Use the Configure page to hide or show the Buttons panel by default, and to add, edit or delete buttons, and re-arrange the button’s order on the panel.
Add a button
- Click New.
- Select an action to assign to the button.
- Modify Text and Background colors if desired.
- Leave Generate Label checked to have the button appropriately labeled with the associated action.
- Customize the action if needed, and if offered.
- Click OK.
Add action buttons to any trading page. To edit a button, select the button and click Edit. To create a new button, select New. Select an action from the Select Action list. A text title will automatically be generated. If customization is available, select custom actions for the button.
The Pages selection presents a list of all current page tabs you have set up in the Trading Window. Click a page name to modify the following page-level parameters.
- Name - change the name of the current page by deleting and re-typing a name.
- Give-up - if applicable, select a destination.
- Clearing Acct - if applicable, select a default clearing account.
- Layout - apply a page layout to the selected page.
- Strategy - select a Preset order default strategy.
- Quick Stock Entry - check to instruct the selected page to use Quick Stock entry.
- Modify Quick Stock Entry Exchanges - click to open the configuration page that lets you enter valid quick stock exchanges.
Show Orders - page level instructions on how to handle order display
- Show all orders for tickers on this page - orders will display for any tickers that have an order regardless of the page on which it was created.
- Show only orders created on this page - only orders created on this page will show, regardless of whether there are active orders for tickers displayed on this page.
- Show inactive orders only, move active orders to Pending page - this page will only show deactivated or non-transmitted orders. Active orders created on this page will display on the Pending page.