TWS Notes for 877
and modifications below are in build 877 of TWS. To identify
the build number, on the TWS Help menu
select About Trader Workstation.
A new time in force, Day 'Til Cancelled (DTC) allows you to re-use a day order. This order will deactivate at the close of the market and but remain on your trading screen for easy resending the next day.
The Trader Dashboard Account field selection area has been reorganized to show you the item and type of attribute you are adding.
For IBExecution customers, execution reports now show the selected give-up instruction in the Give-up column of the Execution window.
The OptionTrader Toolbar has been enhanced to include a composite Analytics button that includes Portfolio Analytics, Options Analytics, and the Option Modeler access buttons. In addition, a new item has been added to the Settings page of the OptionTrader Global Configuration to “Show option prices in volatility.” If checked, all new OptionTrader pages created will display prices in volatility. A new button, Show volatility, has also been added to the OptionTrader toolbar and can be used to display prices in volatility on the current page.
You can now display Open Interest on individual option contracts by adding the Open Interest field from the Trading window Layout manager.
When you log in for the first time with a new user name, you will get a pop up message asking if you want to import TWS settings from an existing user name.
When a customer takes a position, the Unrealized P&L column is automatically added
to the Trading window lay out. Once you remove this field, it does not automatically appear again when another position is taken.
- A new Open/Close order default selection has been added to the Order Defaults page. To set this default, open Global Configuration, and in the right pane select Order, then Order Defaults. Select the instrument type for which you want to set the order defaults and in the Settings area choose Open or Close as the default setting.
- In the Clearing Institutions dialog box that allows you to select a post or pre-trade clearing instruction, the clearing acct field is now separate from the account field.
The following issues have been fixed in build 877 of TWS:
- The In Transit tab on the Account window will only display when funds are in transit.
- The Short Sell attribute was being dropped.
- When you move TWS columns all the way to the right of the window they disappear.
- FXTrader was losing market data.
- Order preview did not work correctly with Algo orders.
- Activated Market Scanners were not automatically kicking in to get data once the markets opened.
- Child stop piece of bracket order created with hotkey in BookTrader did not get created.
- Chart indicators were not updating automatically.
- In using API, the trail limit order is created successfully through TWS, but is not transmitted.
- The checkboxes in the new Account window are not behaving, they keep rechecking themselves when the window is closed.
- The Try PM feature on the Account Window is not working correctly.
© 2001 Interactive Brokers LLC. All rights reserved. Sun, Sun Microsystems, the Sun Logo and Java are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Excel is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.