TWS Notes for 876
TWS has been translated into several major international languages. You can now select a language when you log in by clicking the flags at the top of the Login page and selecting a language. When you click Apply the language, including that in the login screen, is changed to your selection. Please note that the language selections do not appear the next time you log in. To reset the current language, on the Configure menu select Global Configuration, then select General in the left pane. Use the Language section at the bottom of the page to change the language.
You can now submit Volatility orders for index options, and select an index future to use for Hedge Delta trades. When you select the Hedge Order Type, from the order row, TWS presents a list of futures you can use to hedge. Select one and click OK.
IB Institutional customers can now choose where they want to clear their trades directly from the TWS trading window on a per order basis. Clearing choices include:
- Clear with Interactive Brokers. This was the previous default.
- Post Trade Allocate (PTA), where customers allocate their trades to third-party clearing give-up locations after execution.
- Pre-trade give-up, where at the time of the trade customers choose a third-party clearing give-up location.
To use IBExecution services, you must first apply, and then complete give-up instructions. Customers interested in IBExecution Services should contact an IB Sales person.
TWS includes three new fields for IBExecution accounts, available on the main trading window and in the Misc tab on the Order Ticket. These fields are:
- A give-up field, where a customer chooses to clear with IB, PTA, or 1 to N pre-established give-up instructions.
- An open/close indicator.
- An originator tag whose values are: customer, firm, and market-maker.
The give-up field can be accessed via the Order Ticket, or by clicking on the Account field on the trading screen. A selection box displays all account numbers and the give-ups available for the specified account. TWS remembers the last give-up entered and uses it for the next trade.
You can now elect to lock the TWS application if you want to leave it running but make it inaccessible to others. To lock TWS, on the File menu select Lock Application. The application is now locked. You must enter your TWS password to get in. Click OK to unlock the application and keep it running, or click Shutdown Application to exit from TWS.
You can now view time & sales for an underlying directly from the trading window. Select an underlying symbol and click the Time and Sales icon on the Trading toolbar. If you don't see this icon, click the Add More Buttons arrows on the right of the toolbar and display the Time & Sales button.
You can now filter your execution reports by symbol using the new Filter field on the Executions screen. Enter the symbol in the field to see ONLY reports for that symbol. You can only enter one symbol, and this field also filters results on the Summary page. In conjunction with this feature there is a new submenu item, View Executions, when you right-click on a market data line. This command opens the Executions window with symbol you selected in the Filter box and any relevant executions displayed in the Executions window.
The new Account window now includes the Leverage field, which is your Gross Position Value divided by your Net Liquidation. This data is in the Available for Trading section below the Buying Power.
The News Suppliers feature has been enhanced to display Reuters news. To subscribe to Reuters, on the View menu select Account Management. Open the Trading Access menu and select Market Data Subscriptions. In the News Services section, check Reuters News. Please note that it may take up to one day for your subscription to be activated. To enable Reuters news in TWS, open Global Configuration (click the Configure icon on the toolbar, or on the Configure menu select Global Configuration). In the left pane select News Configuration and then News Suppliers. In the Preconfigured Providers section check Reuters News Service. Once your subscription is active you will receive Reuters news along with your other RSS providers' news. To view news for an underlying in TWS, select the symbol and use the right-click menu to select Analysis>Show News for Selected Contract. A new detached News page is created. You can attach this page to your TWS by selecting Attach Page from the right-click menu. In addition, two new columns are added to your trading page: News Time and News Title. The stories are color-shaded - the lighter the color the more recent the story.
The combination order option templates now include an Iron Condor, which is an order to buy an out-of-the-money put bull spread and simultaneously sell an out-of-the-money call bear spread, where all legs have the same expiry. To create an Iron Condor, enter an underlying in the Symbol field and hit Enter, then select Comb as the instrument type and Smart as the destination. Use the Single tab, select Option as the leg type, then select Iron Condor as the strategy. Use the Action box to create a buy or sell Iron Condo combination order.
The features/issues below have been modified or fixed:
- Focus automatically changes to an API order when it comes in, even if the user is working on a TWS order.
- Hidden orders are only allowed on Island. This has been fixed to follow the same rules as hidden orders in TWS; other exchanges supported.
- The way the API was handling historical data time stamps has been modified.
- BookTrader - The Cancel Sub Order button was not working correctly.
- When creating a combined chart for ZB and ZC futures Dec 07@ecbot, the chart
loads to a blank screen.
- There is a problem opening saved charts.
- Chart indicators are not refreshing in real time.
- Charts do not scale correctly when you use both expired and non-expired contracts in the chart.
- When creating a combined chart for ZB and ZC futures Dec 07@ecbot, the chart loads to a blank screen.
- The bottom half of the bid and ask sizes were cut off and difficult to read.
- The user-defined buttons would only work one time on a trading cell. You would need to click out of the cell and then back in to use the button again.
- Market Scanner
- When you removed a column it still remained although it was hidden. If you then performed actions on a different column, the "deleted" column would reappear.
- When you create an EFP order using the Order Ticket from the Market Scanner, TWS would freeze.
- An EFP order placed at a specified interest rate is reflected at a different interest rate in the real time quote.
- Some windows now have a representative icon in the task bar on the bottom of TWS to help you easily bring them to the front when they are behind the main trading window.
- Properly formatted text documents were causing an error when they were imported into TWS and did not import.
- GMT time zone feature for Good After Time (GAT) orders has been modified.
- The price wand was displaying a list with a single price instead of a list with price increments.
- Time and Sales was displaying incorrect prices for penny trades.
- The Add Symbol command on the Ticker menu was not active.
- The Show All Orders feature remained on even if the feature was unchecked.
- The Opt Open Interest field has been renamed "Open Interest."
- P&L was displaying a value of 0.00.
- The order ticket is applying the trigger price incorrectly for trailing stops
and trailing stop limits.
- The Executions window was not properly displaying partial leg fills for combo orders.