Open topic with navigation
Investor Category lets you answer a series of questions to determine if you qualify to trade a wider range of trading products than would be available to a standard investor. You see will this as a Pending Item on the Account Management home page until you complete the page.
The Investor Category page presents four different investment categories on a series of screens:
- Eligible Contract Participant
- Accredited Investor
- Qualified Purchaser
- Qualified Institutional Buyer
Each screen contains questions that helps us determine whether you qualify to trade additional products. If you answer Yes to some questions, additional questions appear.
Who can access the Investor Category page?
ALL account structures can access this page EXCEPT:
IB Canada customers, IB India customers, IBSJ Japan customers, and all Non-Disclosed and Omnibus Broker Client accounts.
To use the Investor Category page
- Click Settings > Account Settings.
- If you manage or maintain multiple accounts, the Account Selector opens. Search for and select the account whose account alias you want to change.
- In the Configuration panel, click the Configure (gear) icon for Investor Category.
The first Investor Category screen opens.
- Answer each question by clicking YES or NO. If you answer YES, additional questions may appear which vary based on your account structure and financial information.
- Click CONTINUE after completing the questions on each successive screen (Accredited Investor, Qualified Purchaser, Qualified Institutional Buyer). Note that there may be no questions on some screens, based on your answers to questions on previous screens.
- The Investor Category Summary screen shows you the investment categories in which you have been qualified, based on your answers to the previous questions.
Type your signature in the field provided and then click Ok.