Open topic with navigation
Create a New Linked Account
This page lets you create new accounts that are linked
to your account. New linked accounts have the following characteristics:
- You can access all of the linked accounts
in Account Management using a single user name.
- You can create multiple linked accounts.
- Once you create a linked account and log
into Account Management, you can perform any action, such as modify trading
permissions or transfer funds, for a specific linked account.
- Linked accounts
must be separately funded.
- Market data fees are
charged once for linked accounts under a single username rather than charged separately for each
linked account (market data subscriptions are charged per terminal/computer). However, additional users will be charged separate market data fees.
can access linked accounts using a single user name in Trader Workstation,
WebTrader and IBKR mobile solutions.
To create and link to an additional account
- Click Settings >Account Settings and find the configuration panel to the right of the screen.
- Click the configuration (gear) icon to open the Create, Move, Link or Partition an Account page.
- Click the Create
New Individual, Joint or IRA Account that will be Linked to my Existing Account Under a Single Username and Password radio button and click Continue.
- On the next screen, select the customer type and use the toggle button to select if your account will be an IRA.
- Complete the account application for
the new account.
If for any reason you must log out of the new account application,
you can finish it
later and complete the linking process. You must either complete the
new account application or delete it before you can create and link
de-link a linked account, you must close the linked account. Select Close an Account in the Settings > Account Settings menu to close the linked account.
When the new account is activated and open, it will
be linked to your original account. You will be able to log into Account Management and any of our trading platforms with a single username. In Account Management, you can switch between accounts using the Account ID display at the bottom left of the screen.