Open topic with navigation
The Configuration panel on the Account Settings screen lets you configure the following account settings:
- Account Alias - Define an alternate name for your account that is easier to remember than your Account ID.
- Account Type - Upgrade your Cash account to a Margin account, or upgrade your Margin account to a Portfolio Margin account.
- Base Currency - Modify the base currency for your account.
- Commissions Pricing Structure - Modify your commission plan.
- Excess Funds Sweep - Configure how you want us to handle the transfer of excess funds between the Securities and Commodities segments of your account.
- Insured Bank Deposit Sweep Program - Enroll your account in the FDIC Bank Insured Deposit Sweep Program.
- Paper Trading Account - Sign up for a paper trading account, which lets you trade in a simulated environment.
- IBKR Offering Type - Choose from IBKR Lite or IBKR Pro.
- White Branding - Advisors can incorporate their own branding into software and documentation.
- IB FYI - Configure automatic actions in your trading account.
- Full Service - Fully Disclosed Brokers can opt into this program to modify additional settings in the client account.
- Institutional Services - Sign up for our clearing, prime broker and execution services.
- Investor Category - Answer a series of questions to determine if you qualify to trade a wider range of trading products.
- Dividend Reinvestment - Sign up to automatically invest cash dividends from common and preferred stocks in the underlying stock.
- Create, Move, Link or Partition an Account - Create a new linked account, link existing accounts, move your account to an Advisor- or Broker-managed account, or divide your account into multiple partitions.
- Close Account - Close your account.
- Large Trader ID - Configure your account to use your SEC Large Trader ID number(s).
- Account Inheritance - Register one or more Transfer on Death beneficiaries to whom you want to directly pass your account assets upon your death without having to go through probate.
- Regulatory Information - Update the regulatory information for your account.
- Trader Referral - Send an invitation to open an account.
- Manage Administrators - View, add, or remove Administrators to your account.
- Trusted Contact - Add a Trusted Contact Person.
- MiFID Category Screen - Change your designation from a retail to professional client. IB UK only.
- Securities Class Action Recovery - Enroll in Litigation Recovery Service for eligible securities.
- Trading Restrictions - Manage trading restrictions in the Pre-Trade Compliance Tool.
- CSID Configuration - View, add or remove Client Service IDs to your account.
- Debit Card Signup for Clients - Enable Interactive Brokers Debit Card for clients.
- Section 13 - Access Advisor compliance tasks.
- Money Manager Administration - Assign money managers for your clients.
- Client Questionnaire Editor - Create and edit questionnaires for Advisor Clients.
- Advisor Qualifications - Modify
your advisor registration information.
- IRA - View your IRA functions from Account Management.
- Client Approvals - Broker Master accounts can approve all client applications and options trading permissions.
Your Customer Type and Legal Residence are displayed at the top of the Configuration panel.