Open topic with navigation
You are here: Reports > Statements and Trade Confirmations
Statements and Trade Confirmations
The Reports > Statements screen gives you access to the following reporting functions:
Who can access the Statements screen?
You can access this page if you are a(n):
- Individual, Joint, Trust or IRA Account User
- Small Business Account User
- Friends and Family Group Master or Client
- Advisor Master and Client
- Proprietary Trading Group Master User
- Broker Master User (master account only)
- Broker Fully Disclosed and Non-Disclosed Client
- Investment Manager Master User
and have been granted Reports access rights.
In this topic:
About Activity Statements
- Activity Statements include information about your account
activity, which can be generated on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis
for all accounts.
- Information included in an Activity Statement is presented
in expandable and collapsible sections with click-down detail, and you
can create customized statements to include or exclude individual sections.
You can also choose to include closed accounts in your statement. You
are notified via email when there is account activity.
- Activity Statements in Mobile Account Management include information about your account
activity, which can be generated on a daily or monthly basis and for a custom date range
for all accounts.
- Prices in statements are displayed with a minimum of four decimal places to a maximum of seven decimal places. Sections that display price include Trades and Open Positions.
Make a note of the following guidelines when viewing activity statements:
- Multi-account structures (Advisor, Broker, Institutions) can select one or more accounts from the Account(s) list.
- Monthly statements are generally available by five business days after the close of a month.
- Annual (yearly) statements are available by January 31 under normal circumstances.
Statement Cutoff Times
The statement cutoff time for commodities is generally 5:15 PM EST, and the statement cutoff time for securities is generally 8:20 PM EST. This means that any trades executed for those asset classes before the cutoff times will be reflected in your statement for the day.
IB-JP clients have a statement cutoff time of around 6:00 AM ET.
Activity by Account Type
- Individuals - One statement for each Individual Account.
- Advisors - Clients can access their statements electronically. Advisors can view statements for their advisor accounts, client accounts, and a consolidated statement including some or all accounts.
- Mutual and Hedge Funds - Investment Managers can view statements for their master account, fund accounts, and a consolidated statement including some or all accounts.
- Proprietary Trading Groups - Supervisory Users can view statements for the master account, sub accounts if applicable, and a consolidated statement including some or all accounts. Sub users can view statements for their sub accounts.
- Fully and Non-Disclosed Brokers - Clients can access their statements electronically. Brokers can view statements for the master account, client accounts, and a consolidated statement including some or all accounts.
- Omnibus Brokers - Statements will be provided for the long, short, master, and consolidated accounts.
Activity Statement Archive Policy
We provide access to activity statements as follows:
- Daily account statements are available for the four previous calendar years and from the start of the current calendar year.
- Monthly account statements are available for the five previous years (60 prior months).
- Annual account statements are available for the five previous years.
- Custom Date Range account statements are available for the four previous calendar years and from the start of the current calendar year.
- You can obtain account statements older than this for a processing fee. See the Other Fees page on our website for more information.