Open topic with navigation
Set Up a Client Template with a Custom ID
Many Advisors and Fully Disclosed Brokers collect information from prospective clients on their own websites, and then send a client invitation to complete an electronic application from Account Management. You can create a Client Account Template and add the template application link to your own website and include a custom ID that allows you to match the information in the client's application to the information that you've already collected on your website.
To set up a client template using a custom ID for client applications started on your own website
- Create a Client Account Template on the Manage Clients > Create and Link Accounts > Create > Client Account Templates page.
- Send yourself a fully electronic client application invitation:
- Click Manage Clients > Createa and Link Accounts > Create > New, then click the Client Invitation button.
- Select the Client Account Templates radio button and then select the client account template you created in Step 1. Click Continue.
- Enter your name and email address, then click Submit. An email containing the link to the client application is sent to you . You can add this link to your website as is for the client to complete the application using the selected Client Account Template.
- To use a custom ID, add the custom ID to the link to the client application by adding &externalID=XXXXXXX (where XXXXXXX is the custom ID) to the end of the link as shown below:
We will store the custom ID that you provide.
- We will return the custom ID field along with all the other client data collected in the client application to you as an XML schema via FTP delivery. The data is encrypted and you will have to provide a PGP key to access it.