Open topic with navigation
Partial IRA Conversions
While we only allows full IRA Conversions, you can follow
these steps to perform a partial IRA conversion:
- Log into Account Management for your
Traditional, Rollover or SEP IRA account.
- Click Manage Account > Add Accounts > Add an Account.
- Use the Add an Account page to create a new Traditional, Rollover
or SEP IRA account that is linked to your IRA account.
- Once the new Traditional, Rollover
or SEP IRA Account is open, log into Account Management for your original
IRA account, then click Funding > Position Transfers to transfer assets into the new IRA account.
- Once the assets have been transferred
into the new IRA account, use the IRA
Conversion to a Roth Account page to convert the newly-opened IRA account to a Roth account.