Paper trading lets you use the full range
of trading facilities in a simulated environment using real market
conditions. Use this page to request a
Paper Trading Account.
You can access this page if you are a(n):
- Individual, Joint, Trust or IRA Account User
- Small Business Account User
- Friends and Family Group Master or Client User
- Advisor Master User Individual
- Advisor Master User Organization
- Advisor Client User Individual
- Advisor Client User Organization
- Proprietary Trading Group Master User
- Proprietary Trading Group Sub User
- Broker Master User (master account only)
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User Organization
- Broker Non-Disclosed Client User
- Broker Omnibus Client User
- Investment Manager Master User
To open a paper trading account
- Click Manage Account > Settings > Paper Trading.
- Read the text on the page, which contains important information about paper trading accounts, then click Continue.
- Type a five-character paper trading account username in the field provided.
- Type a paper trading account password in the field provided. The password must be from six to eight characters and must contain at least one number and no spaces.
- Re-type the password in the field provided, then click Back. The system will generate a full username for you when you click Back.
- You are prompted to click Yes
to confirm your request for a paper trading account, or click
No to cancel your request.
Be sure to write down your username and password; your password will not be shown on the screen again.
© 2016 Interactive Brokers, LLC - Account Management Users' Guide