Open topic with navigation
The Base Currency page lets you modify the base currency
for your account. Your base currency determines the currency of translation
for your statements, the currency used for determination of margin requirement,
and for a Cash Account, the currency of products you are allowed to trade. In addition, charges related to market data and research, inactivity fees, and commissions on Forex trades are also charged in your base currency.
Who can access the Base Currency page?
You can access this page if you are a(n):
- Individual, Joint, Trust or IRA Account User
- Small Business Account User
- Friends and Family Group Master or Client User
- Advisor Master User Individual
- Advisor Master User Organization
- Advisor Client User Individual
- Advisor Client User Organization
- Proprietary Trading Group Master User (can modify the base currency for the master
and sub accounts)
- Broker Master User (can modify
the base currency for the master
and non-disclosed client accounts)
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User
- Broker Fully Disclosed Client User Organization
- Investment Manager Master User
To modify the base currency for an account
- Click Manage Account > Settings > Configure Account > Base Currency. The Base Currency appears by default.
- Select the radio button next to your
desired base currency, then click Continue.
- Verify your selection, then click
Continue to submit your currency
If you need to make further changes, click Back,
then make corrections before submitting.
Note that base currency changes do not take effect until the next trading