The Fund Transfers page lets you notify us of a deposit of funds into your account. A deposit notification does not actually move funds; you must make arrangements with your bank or broker to deposit the funds.
We support the following types of deposits:
- Check (all checks, including retirement checks)
- Online bill payment check
Clearing House (ACH) transfer initiated
- ACH transfer initiated by your bank
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) initiated by
- AUD Bill payment (BPAY - for Australian Dollars only)
- Direct Rollover (IRA accounts only)
- Trustee-to-Trustee (IRA accounts only)
Deposit notifications are easy to complete. All required information appears as a form that you complete on a single page - as you fill in a field or make a selection, the next part of the notification form appears.
To notify us of a deposit
- Click Funding > Fund Transfers.
- If you have a master account, use the Account Selector to search for client or sub accounts by Account ID, Account Title or Account Alias, then select the desired client or sub account.
- In the Transaction Type list, select Deposit.
- Select your currency from the Currency list.
- In the Method list, select a deposit type.
- Type the amount of your intended deposit in the Amount field. Note that you do not enter an amount when you first set up an ACH Initiated
At IBor Canadian EFT deposit.
- You are asked if you want to use previously saved bank information.
Select one of the following:
- Yes - Use saved bank information for new transfer request
Select this option if you want to use previously saved bank information for this deposit request.
- No - Create new transfer request with new bank information
Select this option if you want to save new bank information for this deposit request. This option is automatically selected if you do not have any saved any bank information.
If you select No, complete all the fields that appear, which vary depending on the withdrawal method you selected.
The fields vary depending on your previous selections.
- Be sure to enter a Name for the bank instruction that will be saved with your bank information. You will be able to use this bank instruction for future deposit notifications without having to re-enter your bank information.
You can view all of your saved bank instructions on the Bank Information page.
- Decide if you want to save the information as a recurring transaction.
If you would like to save this as a recurring transaction, click Yes, then complete all the fields and selections in that section.
You can view all of your saved recurring transactions on the Recurring Transactions page.
If you do not want to save this transaction as a recurring transaction, click No.
- Click Continue to submit your deposit notification.
Or click Cancel to cancel the transaction.
Depending on the type of deposit notification you selected, a page appears with additional instructions that describe what you need to provide to your bank to complete the actual deposit of funds.
- Click Funding > View Transaction History at any time to view the status of your deposit notification.
For more information
- Funding Reference - pages on our website that provide complete details on all funding transactions.
© 2017 Interactive Brokers, LLC - Account Management Users' Guide