Our market maker-designed Trader Workstation (TWS) lets traders, investors and institutions
trade stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds on over 100 markets worldwide
from a single account.
Trader Workstation (TWS)
Optimize your trading speed and efficiency with Trader Workstation (TWS). TWS offers the following benefits:
- A simplified but sophisticated workspace that puts order management, analytics, account monitoring and more at your fingertips.
- Comprehensive News and Fundamentals subscriptions from leading providers that integrate seamlessly into the TWS workspaces.
- Real-time account balance and activity monitoring, with a real-time margining system that notifies you of margin deficiencies before liquidation becomes necessary.
- Task-specific trading tools to enhance efficiency for all trading styles, including the Accumulate/Distribute algo, FXTrader, ScaleTrader, SpreadTrader, OptionTrader and more.
- Sophisticated, built-in risk management and option pricing applications.
- An optional Paper Trading account, linked to your production account, which lets you experiment with the full range of TWS features in a simulated environment.
Trader Workstation provides a comprehensive and efficient trading workspace that lets you put all of the essentials at your fingertips.
Mosaic provides intuitive out-of-the-box usability with quick and easy access to comprehensive trading, order management, chart, watchlist and portfolio tools all in a single, customizable workspace. More...
Advanced Order Management
The Advanced Order Management workspace is always available to traders who need more advanced tools and algos.
News and Research
Subscribe to the Interactive Brokers Information System (IBIS) for a robust arsenal of tools powered by tier-one content providers.
- Subscribe to a variety of news, fundamentals, event calendars and analyst reports, then read the latest headlines in the Daily Lineup summary view before you start your trading day.
- Stay on top of the markets with IBIS analyst ratings, which provide highlighted activity for companies in your Watchlist, highlighted activity for competitors of your watchlist companies, and upgrade and downgrade details.
- View option, future, commodity, and index data for over 100 markets.
- Enjoy powerful technical analytics with IBIS charts, which include three chart types, 22 configurable technical indicators and single-click alert creation.
Our real-time monitoring system lets you see the current state of your account at any time to give you the edge you need in changing market conditions. Real-time monitoring features include:
TWS Account Window
View account balances, margin, funds available for trading, market value and portfolio data for all of your products in the customizable, easy-to-read Account window.
See daily executions as well as net trading activity by symbol in our expandable trade reports.
Profit & Loss
View P&L on your trading screen and in the Account window.
Create real-time alerts based on price, time, margin and volume that notify you of important changes in the market.
Stay on top of your margin requirements with quick-glance summaries of potential deficiencies that help you avoid liquidation, and try "what if" Portfolio Margining to see your margin requirements using the Portfolio Margining system.
Monitor many contracts at once in a small window that you can move anywhere on your desktop. Create, resize and move multiple named Watchlist windows to fit your own trading style.
Algos and Trading Tools
Different traders have different needs. Our advanced trading tools are custom-designed to enhance your trading environment.
Click the Trading Tools tab above for more details about these and all of Trader Workstation’s trading tools.
Slice your large order into smaller, non-uniform increments and release them at random intervals over time to achieve the best price for your large volume orders without being noticed in the market.
Trade Forex markets in our optimized FXTrader window, which includes real-time streaming quotes, up and down indicators, trading volumes, pending trades, executions, positions, and average price plus P&L.
Quickly and easily scan global markets for the top performing contracts, including stocks, options, futures, bonds, indexes and more, in numerous categories.
Use this integrated suite of options tools to analyze and manage options orders from a single customizable screen.
Quickly and easily rebalance your entire portfolio across all asset classes to simplify the process of realigning a portfolio based on your investment goals and risk tolerances.
Prevent your large-sized trades from being subject to increasingly deteriorating prices by easily scaling your order into smaller, incrementally priced components based on specified price and size instructions.
Compare borrow rates on hard-to-borrow stocks using different borrow strategies, view the best rates for lending your own shares, and see the most cost-effective EFPs for investing your excess cash.
Our comprehensive suite of sophisticated mathematical risk-assessment and price-measuring tools comes standard with TWS and includes:
The IB Risk NavigatorSM
View your portfolio risk across multiple asset classes, and view and assess specific risk slices of your portfolio.
Modify pricing assumptions and include them in the model price calculation using this sophisticated option model pricing tool.
Use the Option Analytics window to see values that reflect the rate of change of an option's price with respect to a unit change in each of a number of risk dimensions.
Practice your trading skills in a simulated trading environment with an Interactive Brokers Paper Trading account. If you currently have an IB account, you can experience the full range of Trader Workstation's trading capabilities in a real-time market environment without risking any of your own money.