IB Tax Optimizer
With Interactive Brokers' Tax Optimizer
With recent changes in IRS tax reporting rules, managing your gains and losses for tax purposes has never been more important. Interactive Brokers' Tax Optimizer lets you take control of your taxes by letting you change tax lot-matching methods on the fly to optimize your capital gains and losses.
The Tax Optimizer lets you:
- Change the default matching method for your account or for the current trading day.
- Run real-time "what-if" scenarios to see how different lot-matching methods affect your gains and losses.
- Choose from among several tax lot-matching methods, including LIFO, FIFO, Maximize Long-Term Gain, Maximize Long-Term Loss, Maximize Short-Term Gain, Maximize Short-Term Loss and Highest Cost.
- Manually match specific lots to trades using the Specific Lot matching method.
- Make changes and save them until 8:30 PM ET on any given trading day.
- View year-to-date profit and loss data by symbol.
The Tax Optimizer is launched from within Account Management and is available for stock, option, bond, warrant and single-stock future trades.
Any symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and do not portray a recommendation.
Interactive Brokers LLC is a member of NYSE, FINRA, SIPC