Trader Referral Program
As an IB customer, you already know that Interactive Brokers offers low cost, best execution and direct market access to over 100 market centers worldwide. In fact, we were rated Best Online Broker for the Fourth Year in a Row by Barron's 20151.
Now our customers can share those advantages with their friends and earn extra money at the same time.
Individual IB customers2 can earn fees by referring clients to IB via the Trader Referral Program. US-based customers can earn a flat fee of $200 for each referred person who maintains an active IB account for one year. Non-US customers3 can earn 30% of commissions for the referred account up to $200 per referral.
To participate, log into Account Management and access Trader Referral from the Manage Account menu. Enter the name and email address of a friend and IB will send them an electronic invitation to open an account.
Payouts4 to referring customers in the United States are subject to the following rule:
- Each referred client must maintain a balance of at least $10,000 USD for one year.
Payouts4 to referring customers outside of the U.S. are subject to the following rules:
- For each referral, IB will pay 30% of commissions up to $200.00.
- The first payment of $100.00 will be sent when the referral reaches $333.34 in commissions.
- The second payment of $100.00 will be sent when the referral reaches $666.67 in commissions.
- Referred clients must maintain at least $10,000 or USD equivalent in their account.
- Payouts are available for up to one year from the opening of the referred customer's account. No payouts will be made for commissions generated after the first year.
- Interactive Brokers earned a 4.5 star ranking in the March 7, 2015, March 17, 2014 and March 11, 2013 Barron's Annual Best Online Brokers - "When All Screens Lead to the Bull" and "Back Online". Criteria included Trade Experience and Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis & Report, Customer Service & Education, and Costs. Barron's is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Co. Inc.
- Please note that you cannot participate in both the Trader Referral and IB Financial Advisor programs.
- Due to regulatory restrictions, IB can neither accept referral partners from Spain, nor pay referral fees for accounts originating in Spain.
- Payments are subject to the terms and restrictions of the program. IB is under no obligation to pay out the referral bonus should all terms not be met.