Open an Account
a complete turnkey solution for
Brokers & FCMs
that provides trading, clearing, and reporting
capability for brokers of all sizes
Broker and FCM accounts at Interactive Brokers give global regulated brokerage companies the means to reduce their operational, brokerage and clearing costs while providing electronic market access worldwide with our professional white branded trading technology.
Brokers enjoy the following benefits:
- Flexible client billing and reporting options.
- The ability to fully White Brand statements, customer registration, and informational materials.
- A User Access Rights system that allows you to assign different managerial roles and client accounts to individual employees within your organization.
- OATS reporting.
- Customizable statements and confirms.
- No long term contract required.
- Low commission minimum of USD 2,000 per month and upfront deposit of USD 10,000 that is applied towards commissions.
We offer three different Broker and FCM account structures
Fully Disclosed Broker
- Fully disclosed brokers provide their clients with customer service and marketing. Broker clients can electronically trade or the broker may input trades for the client.
- Clients open accounts electronically.
- Non-disclosed brokers provide their clients with customer service, marketing, a registration process, and cashiering functions. Broker clients can electronically trade or the broker may input trades for the client.
- Brokers configure client accounts based on information provided during the application process.
- Broker users deposit all funds in the master account and transfer funds
between the master and client accounts.
- IB is required by the Internal Revenue Service and market data providers to collect limited information from clients of Non-disclosed brokers located outside of the US for tax and market data purposes. However, IB remains anonymous to these clients.
- Omnibus brokers provide their clients with customer service, marketing, a registration process, cashiering functions, trade entry, and individual client account record keeping. All trades are combined in a consolidated account, and the broker must enter all client trades.
- Omnibus brokers indicate buy or sell and open or close flags on each trade. Based on this indicator, the trade is placed in the proper long or short account.
- Clients do not have access to electronic trading or Account Management functions.
- Broker users deposit all funds in the master account for trading and may transfer funds between the master and proprietary trading accounts.
- Omnibus broker accounts can trade securities products only. They cannot trade commodities products.
- A non-US Omnibus broker must be registered with the U.S. IRS as a Qualified Intermediary.
For information regarding your account, contact Interactive Brokers by clicking here.
For information on SIPC coverage on your account, visit www.sipc.org or call SIPC at 1 (202) 371-8300.